Entries can be either:
• A video, maximum two minutes, uploaded to YouTube or copied and sent on a DVD. Videos uploaded to YouTube should be tagged CCPL Contest – I Want To Tell You with your name and the title of your entry.
• A written essay, maximum 500 words.
Entries must be postmarked by Dec. 31, 2014.
• Video links and essays can be emailed to IWantToTellYou@ccpl.org or
• Entries can be mailed to Kimberly Bowlin, Charleston County Public Library, 68 Calhoun Street, Charleston SC 29401.
• All entries MUST include signed copies of the official Entry and Release Form, which is available on the library’s website – www.ccpl.org.
An external panel of judges will select a maximum of 10 individuals or pairs to attend the training. Winners will be announced by January 12. Entrants must agree to attend the full, three-day workshop, if selected.
The final workshop product with the participants’ stories will be featured during a special premiere prior to the 2015 Charleston Tells Storytelling Festival, and their videos will be screened during the Festival set for March 13-14, 2015. Participants also will receive tickets to the Festival along with a copy of their final story, either electronically or on DVD.