It’s wedding season for New York Times bestselling author Mary Alice Monroe and her fans. Known for using the lowcountry landscape of coastal South Carolina as inspiration for her work, Monroe will release her latest novel, A LOWCOUNTRY WEDDING, on May 3rd. It’s the fourth installment of her nationally bestselling Lowcountry Summer series and features the charm and allure of weddings in Charleston, a top wedding destination.
What started as a simple wish to give a lucky reader a beautiful lowcountry wedding–much like one described in her book–quickly grew into a $40,000 Lowcountry Wedding Giveaway!
The entry deadline is May 31st. Entrants upload a brief, candid video that explains why they want to win a dream wedding in Charleston. A panel selects the top finalists and then the public votes. Winner announced June 27th.
Enter today at www.maryalicemonroe.com/weddingcontest or on facebook at www.facebook.com/maryalicemonroe. The winning couple will work with highly sought-after luxury wedding planner Ashley Rhodes to customize the details of their ceremony and reception, which will be held at the historic Legare Waring House. The $40,000 Lowcountry Wedding Giveaway prize package includes:
- Personal wedding planner by Ashley Rhodes Event Designs
- Wedding and reception site at Legare Waring House at Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
- Bridal gown from Kate McDonald Bridal
- Bridesmaid dress (maximum three bridesmaids) from LulaKate
- Groom’s tux and groomsmen tux rentals (3 groomsmen max.) from Charleston Tuxedo
- Handcrafted bow tie for groom and groomsmen (3 groomsmen max.) by Brackish Bow Ties
- Wedding invitation suites (30 max.) by studio R
- Bridal ceremony flowers and reception table decor by WildFlowers Inc.
- Reception food catering by Cru Catering
- Beverage service by Squeeze Cocktail & Beverage Catering
- Wedding dessert by Sweet Lulu’s Bakery on Wheels
- Wedding day photography by Riverland Studios
- Officiant services by Christy Loftin
- Live wedding ceremony music provided by Charleston Virtuosi
- Reception entertainment by DJ Jake B
- Rental supplies by EventWorks
- Bridal jewelry gift by Croghan’s Jewel Box
- Hair, makeup and gel manicure (for bride plus one) by Stox & Co. Salon Spa and Boutique
- Bridal party hair and makeup (3 bridesmaids max.) by Salon Salon of Charleston
- Gifts for bride/groom/bridal party, signature cocktails during reception, and wedding favors for guests provided by Firefly Distillery
- Luxury transportation for bride and groom after wedding reception by Carolina’s Executive Limo Line
- Wedding night suite at John Rutledge House Inn by Charming Inns
- Generous support by the Charleston Area Convention & Visitor’s Bureau and The Charleston Area Wedding Guide.
Mary Alice Monroe will promote the Lowcountry Wedding Giveaway (#WinALowcountryWedding) during her 28-city summer book tour, which kicks off April 28th with A Lowcountry Wedding Book Reception at The Wild Dunes Resort Grand Pavilion on Isle of Palms, SC. The oceanfront book launch party begins at 6:00 p.m. Guests will enjoy lowcountry cuisine, music, signature cocktails, a book signing and wedding cake! All attendees will be entered into a door prize drawing featuring two prizes: a weekend getaway to Wild Dunes Resort and a $1000 diamond necklace from Direct Diamonds. For ticket information call 843-886-2307.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Nothing could be more enchanting than a summer wedding—or two!—in Charleston’s fabled lowcountry. A centuries-old plantation, an avenue of ancient oaks dripping moss, a storied ballroom, a sand dune at sunset. Yet when a stranger arrives, a long held family secret could silence the bells ringing for the Muir sisters. Scandals surface, family bonds are questioned, and promises are broken and renewed. A Lowcountry Wedding delves into the heart of marriage, commitment, and family ties.
Mary Alice, who is an active conservationist, continues her powerful environmental message in the Lowcountry Summer Series about the Atlantic bottlenose dolphin; nearly half of the resident species in South Carolina is ill. Monroe is a New York Times bestselling and award-winning author, and long-time supporter of LILA. Her novel, The Beach House will be adapted into a Hallmark Channel Original Movie, starring three-time Golden Globe nominee Andie MacDowell. Filming is set to begin summer 2016.
To request additional information or to arrange an interview with Mary Alice Monroe, contact her PR Liaison, Angela May at email@example.com or call 843-568-0233.