Saturday’s event is free to the public and will take place in Historic Old Town Bluffton, SC on Calhoun Street.
Saturday Event Schedule (subject to change)
- 10am – Opening Ceremonies
- 10am-4pm – Festival open to all (free). Food and drink to be sold. Face painting, read-aloud, and fun for the children available. Raffles and sweepstakes to enter and win books, vacations, first ever BBF swag, and more!
- 10:00am – Author presentations and book signings
- 11am-12noon – Story time with author Stephanie Bente at the StoryBook Shoppe on Calhoun Street
- 12:30pm – Taste of Gullah with local authors
- 1pm – 3:30pm Author presentations and book signings
Visit www.blufftonbookfestival.com and FB/Twitter/IG to stay up-to-date on festival activities
The Bluffton Book Festival will provide a unique setting for anyone and everyone who simply loves books and reading. It will be educational for children of all ages, as publishers and authors showcase and share their products and information. All books will be sold via Follett Higher Education Group. Independent authors and authors represented by Publishers are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Follett has been in the business of providing book distribution services for more than 96 years.
Why do YOU want to be involved?
- Promote your book to 3000 to 5000 expected guests
- Your book will will be carried and sold by an international distributor, Follett Higher Education Group.
- Share space with major authors as well as local and New York publishers.
- Your efforts will help to support The Literacy Center http://theliteracycenter.org and the BINC Foundation
The town of Bluffton has grown by 1000% over the last 10 years. With the increase of our love and attention to the arts here the festival will attract many more. The town of Bluffton will be heavily marketed in all materials. We were just named by Forbes as the 6 most desired place to retire. The publishing industry is rooted in New York. We will have many visitors from the Northeast in attendance. All local sponsors can showcase their products and services to a new and robust visiting crowd.
Please contact us to sign up by Friday, September 30th
Pricing (Author’s books must be approved before signing up- do this on the sign up page)
Sign up before Sept 23rd $100. After Sept 23rd $125 This fee is only for authors who are approved. There is no fee to apply.
The fee covers the author’s booth and offers support to The Literacy Center of Bluffton and the BINC Foundation listed above and on the “Mission” page.